Five days until Christmas, 2011. I’m not even sure when my last post, but I know there have been some changes. Boy, have there been some changes.
Reader’s Digest version, and what brings me to where I am now:
- 2005 – I turn 50. I have a hysterectomy. I teach myself to knit. We buy a cottage. My dad has a stroke that puts him in a nursing home. He goes from work … to a nursing home.
- 2006 – Andrew gets married and moves far away. Kevin graduates from high school. I spend lots of time at The Cabbage … as much as possible.
- 2007 – I quit my career as a court reporter and open a yarn shop. Knitting becomes my life. On December 9th, my dad dies.
- 2008 – Meg moves away. Dennis files for divorce. Another surgery. I reconnect with Thom.
- 2009 – The divorce is final in May. Thom relocates to Michigan and we live in the cottage. My yarn shop is struggling through the spiraling economy while Thom and I struggle through our first winter in the cottage.
- 2010 – Thom undergoes back surgery. The shop continues it’s downward struggle. Crafty Glasses is born. Kevin gets married. Another miserable winter but beautiful springs and summers at the cottage.
- 2011 – I’m getting financially buried at my little yarn store. I finally cry “Uncle!” With the cottage property in a land dispute, I close my shop, file bankruptcy, leave my cottage to the bank and relocate to Florida. Crafty Glasses begins to slowly grow and expand.
- And my best friend Sarah struggles to understand why the man she loves is dying.
I need to start journaling again. This is my beginning, near the end of ’11.